EX ATEX SOLUTIONS

EX ATEX SOLUTIONS

M-D Pneumatics positive displacement blowers and vacuum boosters are known for their superior quality and ability to perform in the toughest of applications and are the preferred brand for chemical and petrochemical operations. The EX3200 and EX4000 series expands M-D Pneumatics offering for critical applications in the chemical and petrochemical industries by meeting Zone 1&2 requirements for Gas Groups IIA, IIB, & IIB+H2 while operating in T3-T1 temperature classes. The unique seal design offers the highest safety level possible for external atmosphere and internal environments. We took our most rugged blowers and boosters and included options to create a solution our customers have requested.

EX ATEX BLOWER SOLUTIONS

M-D Pneumatics’ EX ATEX Series is designed to perform with high‑quality standards in hazardous areas. A hazardous area is defined as an area in which potential or existing explosive atmospheres are present in quantities that require special precaution for the construction and use of equipment. Our new EX ATEX Series meets the requirements for explosion protection regulation in Directive 2014/34/EU.

FEATURES

>> External classifications for Zones 1 or 2, Gas Groups IIA, IIB, and IIB+H2, and T3-T1 Temp Classes
>> Internal classifications available including explosive gases for internal operating pressures less than 100 mbar
>> Double envelope seals that are high pressure tested to provide the highest safety level possible
>> Nominal displacement range of 212 to 3823 m3/hr cooling coils to promote longer oil, bearing, and seal life
>> Stainless steel cross-over tubing between oil sumps for harsh environments
>> Multiple instrumentation ports for monitoring temperatures, vibrations, fluids, pressure, and vacuum
>> Hydrostatic integrity tests performed on assembled housing, endplates, and ports
>> M-D Pneumatics MD Plus lubrication designed specifically for the performance demanded
>> Standard shaft or c-flange versions available to meet installation requirements
>> Materials of construction options include cast iron, ductile iron, and stainless steel

APPLICATIONS

>> Pneumatic conveying
>> Silo loading and unloading
>> Process gas boosting
>> Elevated pressure applications


EX ATEX VACUUM BOOSTER

M-D Pneumatics’ EX ATEX Series is designed to perform with high‑quality standards in hazardous areas. A hazardous area is defined as an area in which potential or existing explosive atmospheres are present in quantities that require special precaution for the construction and use of equipment. Our new EX ATEX Series meets the requirements for explosion protection regulation in Directive 2014/34/EU.

FEATURES

>> External classifications for Zones 1 or 2, Gas Groups IIA, IIB, and IIB+H2, and T3-T1 Temp Classes
>> Internal classifications available including explosive gases for internal operating pressures less than 100 mbar
>> Double envelope seals that are high pressure tested to provide the highest safety level possible
>> Nominal displacement range of 212 to 3823 m3/hr cooling coils to promote longer oil, bearing, and seal life
>> Cooling coils to promote longer oil, bearing, and seal life
>> Stainless steel cross-over tubing between oil sumps for harsh environments
>> Multiple instrumentation ports for monitoring temperatures, vibrations, fluids, pressure, and vacuum
>> Hydrostatic integrity tests performed on assembled housing, endplates, and ports
>> Tuthill MD Plus lubrication designed specifically for the performance demanded
>> Standard shaft or c-flange versions available to meet installation requirements
>> Materials of construction options include cast iron, ductile iron, and stainless steel

APPLICATIONS

>> Pneumatic conveying
>> Silo loading and unloading
>> Process gas boosting
>> Elevated pressure applications